Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Snow Day

Growing up in Southern California I never experienced the excitement of a snow day. Since living in Chicago it's only happened one other time...until today. It's amazing the possibilities that open up when you realize you don't have to go work cause they close the office. In fact you don't have to do anything and there's nothing anybody can do about it cause its snowing!
 Snow day becomes synonymous with anything goes. 
That is anything that doesn't require driving somewhere or shoveling. 

We went with our neighbors Mark & Mary to our local pub for $3 burgers. Over moos & brews we decided everyone has a snow day alter ego. Think about it. As an adult your just not yourself on a snow day, because it's a Tuesday and normally you'd be doing 100 things and have a million responsibilities but none of that matters on a snow day. 
It's the best response for any question you have today: 
Should I get dressed? Who cares it's a snow day. 
Should I have a beer with lunch on a Tuesday? Yes it's a snow day. 
Can I take a nap when I've done nothing strenuous? Yes it's a snow day. 
Sledding, snow angels, walking field trips to Target for the latest Twilight DVD? 
Yes, yes, yes. It's a snow day. 
For the record, Snow day Paul is cranky (see picture).

{Boot picture is just for the Suberlaks as the 4 of us bought them during our ski trip to Harbor Springs. Putting them to good use today, 9inches so far and it's still snowing.}

1 comment: