Subies are back in the City after a glorious week at the Suberlak's lake cottage in Northern Michigan. I grew up spending a similar week at my grandmothers beach house on Balboa Island. These weeks remind me of those sacred memory making long days in the sun filled with walks along the docks and nights with thoughtful meals followed by homemade ice cream. I love it when my Gregg traditions merge with my Suberlak family.
Nothing says Northern Michigan like cherries. After picking them up from the roadside stand we made bourbon cherry ice cream.
Click Here for recipe
I participated in the local Coastal Crawl which is a 1 mile swim in Little Traverse Bay.
I managed to come in 2nd place for my age group.
Obviously very excited with my medal.
My other favorite night of the week was when our friend Mary did a shrimp boil for the 6 of us. We wrapped the table with newspaper, served cold beer and loaves of bread. Straight off the beach we came in and could dig in, No plates or silverware. So simple and so good.
Click Here for recipe
It was another amazing week at a place that has become our second home.
I'm looking forward to building on all these memories as the years come and of course defending my title in the Coastal Crawl.




No comments:
Post a Comment