Monday, October 14, 2013

Parents visit

My parents visited over the first week of October. Whenever they come I use it to act like a tourist in my own city. I also like take advantage of their skill sets. By the time they left all my clothing that needed tailoring was fixed, I had 3 new plants in my house, mirrors and new pictures hung and even a chair upholstered with new fabric. I don't think they knew by staying with us instead of a hotel they would provide manual labor. Paul's parents came into town for the weekend and we enjoyed meals out together, a local antiques market and hosted an open house with friends for the Bears Game.
 
A few other favorites from the week:
Both are right off the green line conservatory stop, the restaurant is a social enterprise that provides restaurant training and jobs to homeless individuals, your tips provide meal vouchers to families in the community. Great food after spending the morning walking through the conservatory. On the way home we stopped at City Escape and picked up plants inspired by the conservatory for our indoor loft.

Great way to sight see

My Dad & Paul enjoying the views

My Dad underneath Wrigley building
Prior to their visit my mom shared an article from Food & Wine that chronicled Chicago in 10 plates. We used it as our guide to pick out a few new spots. We made it to GT Fish & Oyster and Girl and Goat for my Mom's birthday dinner.
Happy Birthday Mom!

We shopped the Randolph Street Market and toured Frank Lloyd Wright's home & studio in Oak Park as well. As I've said many times I love having visitors, but it was extra special to share my home & city with those that first shared theirs with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment