Monday, April 7, 2014

Shamrock Shuffle

Last week Paul and I completed the Shamrock Shuffle with friends and 45,000 other people. One of our 2014 declarations was to try new things and Paul had never run a race longer than 5K and we'd never done one together. The best part of this goal was staying motivated during the terrible winter to run. The day of the race was a sunny brisk morning, perect conditions for the 8K. If you get the chance it's a great way to run the city on streets that are normally overrun with traffic. Crossing the finish line together was something special and unexpected given that we are fiercely competitive. (I'm sure I could've beaten him if I wanted to). 
All smiles post race with our free draft for finishing! We then rewarded ourselves with chicken and waffles eliminating any good we'd actually done for our bodies. 




No comments:

Post a Comment