Me & Coffee have been long friends. I shamelessly drink at least 2 cups a day, Mr Soobs gave me a coffee grinder recently that has changed my mornings and while he doesn't drink coffee he knows not to ask me any life changing questions until I finish my first cup. So when I read my friend Jessica's story on One for the Table, I convinced her to be my tour guide to locate the perfect cup in Chicago. She did not disappoint.
I met Jessica in Sunday morning at Asado Coffee on the Northside. After one cup I'm an asadophile. Here they do the pour-over method. Now, I must confess I was a barista in high school at the place that is not to be mentioned in the likes of small local roasters, that company from Seattle. Anyways that said, I knew nothing of beans, pour-over, wetting the filter, stream of the water, temperature. After Sunday my addiction has only elevated. While the method was brutal because it meant waiting for a cup after a night out, once delivered it was delicious.
Read more about the method and roaster himself Here
My lovely tour guide in the background.
It was a fabulous way to spend a sunny Sunday morning catching up with an old friend.
Rumor is Asado plans to open a large space on Chicago/Paulina in the Spring!


I can smell the coffee from here! Have to try this place.
ReplyDelete